Saturday 7 April 2012

Saturday night sewing!

Gosh, it's been that long.
I have done a bit of sewing, but only a bit. I did a few Christmas presents, but very little since Christmas.
There is always so much else to do. I'm still trying to get the house in order, I'm trying to get rid of all the surplus things that we tend to accumulate over the years. I've felt great when I've managed to get rid of stuff, or tackled some cleaning above and beyond the "normal" housework. I've been preparing the veg plot, and planting seeds. I hired a chap to prune the over grown bushes in the garden - he quoted me for pruning and taking away the prunings, but bless him he ( or his worker) decided to dump the cuttings on the land behind me. Needless to say I got him to take them away but it's so annoying that some people don't seem to be trust-worthy. I've had a painter quote for some decorating, and I need to get some other jobs done around the house.
I 've had a sewing session tonight, and would show you the results if I could find the cable to let my camera talk to my laptop.
But tonight I let myself do some sewing and not feel guilty about it. To enjoy it.
I've nearly finished piecing my postage stamp quilt. I am going to quilt it in several sections for ease as I hate the sandwiching and basting of large pieces. The quilt is going to be 80" wide by 75" long. I'm either going to do it in 2 or 3 long sections so have currently sewn my blocks together into 24", 16", 16" and 24" so 1 can do either 2 or 3 sections. The jury is still out on the Quilting pattern, and that determines how what sections I'll do.
The boys are with my ex tonight, so it's spread over the living room floor.

It's Saturday night and there's not much on the TV. I've been watching back to back episodes of "The Big C" that I'd recorded whilst I've been sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment